Pandemic Periods Blog
Global menstrual health statistics
There are 1.3 billion women, adolescent girls, non-binary individuals, and transgender men that menstruate every month
Number of girls out of school worldwide in 2016
800 million individuals are menstruating each day!
Women die from complications in pregnancy or child
500 million of these people do not have the resources, time or spaces in environments that are free from stigma and shame to attain their menstrual health.
Need for contraception in sub-Saharan Africa left unmet
- Blogs must offer a unique perspective on menstrual health in the context go gender equality, WASH, emergencies, conflict, decolonisation, crisis, education, SRHR, public health, global, national, or local policy, community-driven programmes, or grassroots advocacy initiatives.
- Blogs must be 900-1,200 words in length – References must be embedded via hyperlinks.
- Information on co-authors must be submitted – full name, affiliations, & relevant Twitter handles.
- Blogs can have no more than five authors – there must be ONLY one corresponding author.
- Authorship must be regionally balanced.
- priority will be given to authors from low- to middle-income countries.
- Publication is at the discretion of the Pandemic Periods Editorial Team.